• 4 hours of volunteer service during the length of the membership is required for all adult membership levels. Volunteer hours can include: assisting with fundraising, serving on a work crew to maintain or improve boathouse grounds, mentoring new rowers, and participation in other service activities.
• Memberships are non-refundable and SCRC retains the right to revoke membership at any time.
• Memberships pay for approximately 40% of SCRC’s cost and the balance is paid through fund raising and other events. The bottom line is that without additional funds, the cost of membership would be significantly more per year. Fostering current donors as well as recruitment of possible new donors is crucial to SCRC’s existence and future growth.
• Members who use the building outside of class times are responsible for closing up the entire facility. All fans and lights on all three levels must be turned off. Doors on the first floor must be closed and in locked position along with any boat bay doors that were opened.
Indoor Equipment and Safety Policy
• Always ask the SCRC coaching staff if you have any questions. They know the equipment and your safety is their first concern. Here is a list of our Indoor Fitness Equipment.
• Check the online SCRC public calendar to avoid classes and facility rentals. Mind others space if they are using the building at the same time as you.
• Wipe down all equipment after use. Use of lockers on the second floor is for day use only.
• Members assume liability for any and all property damage or personal injuries including his or her own arising out of the operation of equipment used at the SCRC boathouse. Members are responsible for any damages noticed after use.
• All fitness members are required to have a Fitness Orientation with a SCRC coaching staff member prior to any use of the facility equipment. Contact the Program Administrator to set up a day and time.
Water Equipment and Safety Policy
• Youth under the age of 13 and all kayak members must wear personal flotation devices (PFDs).
• Check the water conditions before entering the river. Always ask the SCRC coaching staff if you have any questions. See water safety guidelines.
• Stay out of the middle of the river, to the inside of the buoys. Barges and motorized crafts travel in the center of the river. And beware of dams at either end of this pool of the Allegheny River.
• All equipment is insured, however, if damage occurs the adult member is responsible for any damage and for insurance deductible or cost of repairs if less than deductible.
• Members assume liability for any and all property damage or personal injuries including his or her own arising out of the operation of equipment rented from the SCRC boathouse. Members are responsible for any damages noticed after rental such as broken paddles, broken hulls, etc…
• Only SCRC vessels will be taken out. No private vessels are available for club use.
**All advanced rowing members must schedule an Observational Row with an SCRC coaching staff member and take the online Advanced Rowing Safety Quiz. After completed the advanced member can take equipment out unsupervised. Contact the Program Administrator to set up a day and time.
** A Kayak Orientation is required for all kayak memberships. This orientation given by a coaching staff member along with the online Kayak Safety Quiz is required prior to the first day of equipment usage.